Saturday, December 27, 2014

30 While 30 Revealed

My 30th year began on December 25, 2014.  Some people have negative feelings about turning 30, not me.  I have taken it as an opportunity to set some goals for myself...with a little help from my hubby.  More info on these items can be found on Such Nice Work Episode 8 where we had a lengthy discussion about each item.

So, the first thing I would like to accomplish whilst 30 is to use the entirety of 30 skeins of yarn...with no leftovers.  I will update this list on probably a monthly basis and post it on the blog.

The second thing I would like to accomplish whilst 30 is a list of 30 things - five in each of 6 categories.  I will also update this list on probably a monthly basis and post it on the blog.

30 While 30


UFO's to Finish

  1. Sewing Rainbows Log Cabin Quilt for my mom
  2. Fingerless Mitts for me out of Lion Brand Heartland Tweed in Black Canyon Tweed
  3. Diamond Weave Throw Afghan for Hubby's Cousin
  4. Jungle Rings Toy
  5. Happy Birthday Banner

Things to Make for Me

  1. Layering Tunic Vest
  2. Leona by Drops Design
  3. Lisa's Shawl
  4. Rose City Mystery Crochet A Long Shawl
  5. fingering weight hat

Things to Make for Others

  1. Vortex Afghan for my nephew's high school graduation
  2. Death Star pillow for my BIL's birthday
  3. boxer's for my hubby
  4. Advent Calendar for my kids
  5. Lovey for #3

Things to Read

  1. start The Wizard of Oz series
  2. read and cull entire children's book collection
  3. something by Maeve Binchey
  4. something by Mercedes Lackey
  5. a Star Trek novel

Things to Watch

  1. Weeds
  2. all the DVD's I own that are still in the plastic
  3. the usual rotation I watched in high school
  4. Chasing Shackleton
  5. Season 1 of House of Cards

Things to Do on the Funny Farm

  1. Paint the water filter cabinet
  2. have 26 poetry teatimes
  3. plant #3's apple tree
  4. attend 5 craft shows
  5. quarantine the craft items to the basement

No comments:

Post a Comment